Give all for nothing|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 9 most recent journal entries recorded in
Mystikos Arcanum's LiveJournal:
|Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008|
Need some help!
I'm conducting a little bit of research and needs some help.I need ghost stories
. Specifically, I need animal
ghost stories--people who've seen the spirits of animals. I've read a lot of ghost stories in my life, but only a very small handful have involved animals of any stripe, and now I'm trying to collect a few that do.
So what do I need? I need your stories! If you've had a supernatural experience involving an animal, please comment and lemme know about it. If you're embarrassed (and I can understand that), feel free to leave an anonymous comment.
Anecdotal and second hand stories are fine (this happened to my brother's wife's cousin's daughter's hairdresser's nephew's plumber...
) but please nothing from a book or published account. I want it to be something that happened to someone you know, not random stranger number seventy-one.
Crossposted a bit.
|Friday, September 7th, 2007|
|Wednesday, August 29th, 2007|
|Thursday, May 24th, 2007|
|Monday, December 12th, 2005|
Hey, I'm using Enochian as a basis for a sociology class I'm in. I need to know what all books you recommend as quality, and if there are any you know of that are really on when it comes to the linguisitc aspect.
|Saturday, July 2nd, 2005|
I need accounts or personal theroies:
*Planned or participated magickal combat, specifically attack or redirection techniques, "ju jit su magick" if you will.
*work done on others over distance
*work done on others without their knowledge
*work with curses
*work done to "transplant" part of yourself/ your aura to another.
|Wednesday, April 20th, 2005|
Seriously, what are we doing? Why the hell are we Magi? So we can sit in stuff rooms and read? Get high for the sake of higher awareness? Petty theory and arguments? Fuckin get real, folks! We are fighting a war here! This world needs us! Why do you think there are more of us now then ever ever before? This world is crying for our gift! Laughter, kindness, dreams, joy! This is what we are, what we inspire, what we bring! When did you last chalk nonsense on the sidewalk, when did you last hug the smelliest stranger you could find, when did you intentionally lose something that you loved? When did you last whirl till you fell flat on your ass? well that is all fine and good, now go do it in the mall. What the fuck are we doing subverting if no one knows what things are supposed to be? Sigils and glitterbombs are all well and good, they create the atmosphere, but without us to populate it, it becomes meaningless.A good magician plays to his audience, be it a tribal shaman doing Ifa or a street-corner sorceror
making anti-cop talismans out of tin can lids. Learn to juggle, dance, play Irish Stand-down; these are the
true siddhis. If you're really going to become a jumped-up little megalomaniac you might as well get a few
laughs while you're about it. Pass the Top Hat.
That is what it is about! Why the hell is it that i can smile despite bleeding to death inside? WE all have tragedy, but we can still smile at a flower, admire the stark beauty of it's color and aroma. Why we can look relieved at the site of an old friend, why we still enjoy the company of others, despite swearing that this is our last day on earth. In a metaphysical sense sure, but tomorrow mornin you are gonna roll that tubby ass out of bed and drag it to wherever you dragged it today, but on the way we smile and laugh. Why? Because we have hope? NO! FUCK NO! WE ARE HOPE!
That is our gift. That is our charge.
CAsting sigils and summoning demons and creating weed-eating servitors is all well and good, but making some one smile.
Giving a stranger a hug.
Loving someone who needs it.
Showing the world that it is okay to dream.
Showing someone that they can be who they want to be.
That is true magick....
Now get out there, get to work.
We change lives, whether we want to or not. Start acting like it
|Sunday, March 27th, 2005|
I thought I'd also post a bit about the header of the journal, Give all for nothing.
That was the mantra of the Golden Dawn, an oath of sorts, and it's one that I've ruminated on for quite a long time. To put it as I did a year or so ago,
"Light, which enables us to see, is damaging to our eyes. After so many years, so much time has passed, the old shutters of our irises give way to the damage that light has brought them for their troubles. And this is the nature of magic, the nature of mysticism, the nature of Truth:
We are washed in the Light, bathed in it, set adrift in it, burned by it; and in the end it leaves us all damaged beyond repair, giving us for our troubles the benefit of sight, what amounts to a brief glimpse of completion."
I still feel that way, to a point, although my relatively new allegiance to the Black lodge has changed my perspective some. Namely, that this damage is unnecessary. That it's the result of, and purely the result of, a School bent on obfusication, deluding its students and thus its vocal adepts, blinding them to any truths they might encounter along the way. That giving all, given the right direction, can result in all being given.
Those are the results of Truth, of dogma. The only static truth is in the grave (and I wouldn't count on it there, either). Life necessitates flexibility, not stagnance, and in this perpetual change is completion.
First post! The Emerald Tablet of Hermes, first complete translation
0) Here is that which the priest Sagijus of Nabulus has dictated concerning the entrance of Balinas into the hidden chamber... After my entrance into the chamber, where the talisman was set up, I came up to an old man sitting on a golden throne, who was holding an emerald table in one hand. And behold the following - in Syriac, the primordial language- was written thereon:
1) Here (is) a true explanation, concerning which there can be no doubt.
2) It attests: The above from the below, and the below from the above -the work of the miracle of the One.
3) And things have been from this primal substance through a single act. How wonderful is this work! It is the main (principle) of the world and is its maintainer.
4) Its father is the sun and its mother the moon; the
5) wind has borne it in its body, and the earth has nourished it.
6) the father of talismen and the protector of miracles
6a) whose powers are perfect, and whose lights are confirmed (?),
7) a fire that becomes earth.
7a) Separate the earth from the fire, so you will attain the subtle as more inherent than the gross, with care and sagacity.
8) It rises from earth to heaven, so as to draw the lights of the heights to itself, and descends to the earth; thus within it are the forces of the above and the below;
9) because the light of lights within it, thus does the darkness flee before it.
10) The force of forces, which overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates into everything gross.
11) The structure of the microcosm is in accordance with the structure of the macrocosm.
12) And accordingly proceed the knowledgeable.
13) And to this aspired Hermes, who was threefold graced with wisdom.
14) And this is his last book, which he concealed in the chamber.